Top 10 Tips for Managing a 24-hour read:
- Get a good sleep the night before.
- Warn housemates that you will not be doing anything but reading.
- Find an audiobook for those times when you can’t read (walking the dog, loading the dishwasher, folding laundry that you didn’t get done the day before, prepping snacks.)
- Cozy pants.
- No bra.
- Diet coke to drink in place of the martinis you might otherwise consume.
- Make exceptions to dietary norms: frozen meatballs, cooked shrimp, premade guacamole, trail mix, diet coke (see above)
- Stay off social media. Except when you don’t.
- Hydrate, mainly with water.
Anything I’ve missed?