It’s the beginning of the challenge and my hours of reading bliss await. The fireplace is on, the coffee is made, and my first book is chosen: Cain by Jose Saramago.
One of the first mini-challenges posted by our hosts is an introduction questionnaire.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Toronto, Canada (home of the Blue Jays #cometogether)
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
This is a hard one but probably John Mortimer’s autobiographical Summer Of A Dormouse will provide some comic relief.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Anything with avocado on it. I’ve got some whole ones for chopping onto pinto bean soup and some pre-made guac for dipping.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I’m a 55 year old empty-nester. The only things that stop me from reading all the time are domestic chores, genealogy, choral singing, and arts events (opera, theatre, music, galleries.) And I listen to audiobooks while I do chores.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
It’s my first. Guilt-free reading!