Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon starts in a few minutes and I’m ready to go, with a pile of books and lots of snacks!
Our first “event” is a set of questions to answer about the upcoming challenge:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
I’m in Toronto, Canada, in the midst of a beautiful spring.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Probably What We See When We Read by Peter Mendelsund. It’s full of images as well as text and the topic really interests me.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Peel-and-eat shrimp, a big pack from Costco. All for meeeee!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I am going to be veery tired at choir tomorrow morning. But it’s my favorite hour of the week.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today?
I’ve chosen mostly shorter books to keep the interest level high. I’ve also got a couple of audiobooks on the go so that I can get outside for a walk from time to time.