This will be my second read-a-thon and I’m excited to get going. It runs for 24 hours, around the world, and starts simultaneously. (In Toronto, we’ll be starting at 8 am on Saturday April 23.) More details are here.
I like to have a list going in and this time I’ve chosen some shorter books to keep me interested and motivated, and so that I can change up as I need to. These are all books I’m reading as part of a Goodreads challenge hosted by The Roundtable group.
- The Detective and the Woman: A Novel of Sherlock Holmes by Amy Thomas
- The Empathy Exams by Leslie Jamieson
- Uncle Petros and Goldbach’s Conjecture: A Novel of Mathematical Obsession by Apostolos Doxiadis
- What We See When We Read by Peter Mendelsund
- Four Seconds: All the Time You Need to Stop Counter-Productive Habits and Get the Results You Want by Peter Bregman
- Tory Burch: In Color by Tory Burch
- Whatever audiobook(s) I currently have on the go. I’ll probably still be working on Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies by Jared Diamond and/or The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
If you’re planning to participate, leave me a link to your blog or your Twitter handle in the comments. I’ll be tweeting at @jannie_b.