…and i’m watching TV.
We’re eating dinner and I agreed to start watching The Fifth Estate with my husband, but I’m going to escape to the bedroom to read momentarily.
It’s hour 12 and we have a little survey for the current challenge:
1. What are you reading right now?
How to Be Parisian Wherever You Are: Love, Style, and Bad Habits by Anne Berest et al. This was in our Airbnb apartment in Paris last month and I had to have it. My new lifestyle guide.
2. How many books have you read so far?
I’m on my third book, but I’ve only finished one (Cain by Jose Saramago.) I’m also listening to the audiobook of A Tale For The Time Being by Ruth Ozeki, but this is a fill-in book for when I”m cooking, walking the dog, or folding laundry and can’t read a regular book. It’s also a great read.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Iris and Her Friends: A Memoir of Memory and Desire by John Bayley.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Mainly as above, and i’ve used an audiobook. Plus I felt for my dear husband and agreed to watch a movie with him for a few minutes.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
Back to my book!