- Just because I’m quiet doesn’t mean I have nothing to say.
- Staying home is doing something.
- Managing my energy is a favor to myself and everyone around me.
- I like who I like and that’s my right.
- There’s nothing wrong with saying “no.”
- I can love other people and still not be responsible for their good time. (Variation on a theme.)
- Listening to bores is not my job.
- Parties are supposed to be fun. When I stop having fun, it’s OK to leave.
- My presence is a gift, not a requirement.
- I know what I need better than anyone else.
- Putting on my dog-and-pony show is optional. (This is a biggie for me. And what a relief!)
What works for you?
If you’re an introvert like me, the entire piece is worth a read. Click on the link above.