- 8 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 small Vidalia or other sweet mild onion thinly sliced
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 – 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- mint sprigs for garnish
In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, salt, pepper, and whisk until salt is dissolved. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Add in the chopped mint, taste, and adjust seasonings.
In a large bowl, combine the melon, onion, and feta. Pour the dressing over the melon mixture and toss gently until everything is coated and evenly mixed. Garnish with mint sprigs.via skiptomylou.org
I love this blog (link above). Lots of great ideas for handmade and homemade things in all categories.
I’m going to make this salad when my sweetie returns from his sad trip to Paris. Just the ticket for a warm, summer Sunday.