3. I just finished reading my first book as a Thomas Nelson Book Review Blogger. Derailed: Five Lessons Learned from Catastrophic Failures of Leadership was a great read, and I’ll write my review over the next day or so.
4. My copy of The Pioneer Woman Cooks arrived today! It’s gorgeous and full of the recipes that I’ve come to love. She is one of the funniest bloggers around, a phenomenon, and I pre-ordered the book as soon as it became available.
5. Michael is heading to Queen’s late this afternoon to visit Alex in his dorm. He’s taking the bus: I’ll take him down to the bus station tomorrow afternoon and he’ll travel on his own. When he gets there, he’ll grab a cab to the residence and spend a couple of fun days in Kingston. The Football finals (Queen’s v. Western) are this weekend and that should be a highlight and demonstrate the Queen’s spirit in full form! They’ll take in a movie and do some other fun stuff, I’m sure. He returns Sunday evening.
6. The Times Talk with Stephen King on Tuesday night was really fun and inspiring. He was interviewed by Janet Maslin of the New York Times and the interview was broadcast live in HD to theatres all over the US and Canada. The theatre we were in was virtually empty. King is a very modest man, plain spoken, and clearly loves his craft. About half of the interview was about his new (huge) book, Under the Dome, which sounds really interesting (and I’m not a big Stephen King fan) and the rest was about all the other projects that fill his time. I’d definitely like to start reading some of his work.
7. It’s day 13 of NaBloPoMo and I’m still going strong!