Of all the blogs I read on a regular basis, Jennifer at Conversion Diary has some of the most thought-provoking posts. Today, she summarizes lessons she learned in 2008, with links to her previous posts on each lesson. I am committed to going through this before the end of this year and setting some goals for myself for 2009.
- If my goal is to have a God-centered, peaceful life, I cannot do nearly as much as I thought I could.
- Life is easier when my days revolve around prayer.
- It’s harder for me to trust God with small stuff than with big stuff.
- Fear is the absence of love.
- Answered prayers are easier to see when looking at the world through a lens of love and humility.
- I did not lose my own life when I embraced the idea that my primary vocation is to be a wife and a mother; in fact, I found it.
- Christianity is the fulfillment of the atheistic beliefs I was raised with.
- There are ways you can structure your lifestyle to make it more conducive to holiness.